This Website is not intended for persons under the age of 18. We will not knowingly collect information from Website visitors unless You have indicated that You are age 18 or older by submitting information to Us. We encourage parents to talk to their children about their use of the Internet and the information they disclose via the Internet.
Active information collection
In general. We receive and store any information You enter on our Website. This includes information that can identify You (“personal information”), including Your first and last name, telephone number, postal address and e-mail address. We also may request information about Your age, gender, and medical condition, such as the date of Your diagnosis and medications taken. In the course of requesting this information, we also may ask You to identify Your relationship to a particular disease (e.g., as a diagnosed patient, a friend or relative of such a patient, or as a healthcare provider). You can choose not to provide this or other information through our Website, but in general, some information about You is required in order for You to register as a member; request to subscribe to a newsletter; ask a question; or initiate other transactions on our Website.
Information from other sources. We also may periodically obtain information about You from other sources and add it to Your account information. Examples of information We may receive includes updated delivery and address information, which We use to correct and update our records; and demographic information.
Information collected automatically. We automatically collect some information about Your computer when You visit our Website. For example, we will collect Your IP address, Web browser software (such as Internet Explorer), and referring Website. We also may collect information about Your online activity within our Website, such as the pages You visited. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help customize Your user experience.
Analytics information. Our website also uses tools like Google Analytics to measure traffic to our site and how users interact with our site. Google Analytics employs cookies in order to facilitate an analysis of your use of this site; the information generated by these cookies, such as time, place and frequency of your visits to our Website, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google's location in the US and stored there.
To opt-out of Analytics for the web, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ and install the add-on for your browser. For more details, please see the relevant help resources for your specific browser.
Use of information
We will not sell Your name, address, e-mail address, or any other personal information to another party for their own marketing use.
Disclosure of information
- to trusted third-party businesses with which We partner to offer You products and services;
- in connection with a corporate transaction, such as the sale, assignment, or other transfer of the business of this Website to which the information relates;
- in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by applicable laws or government regulations;
- to protect and defend the rights of UCB, this Website or the users of this Website;
- under circumstances We believe reasonably necessary to protect the personal safety of users of UCB, Inc.’s products and services, this Website or the public; or
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we believe You will find of interest.
Access, correction and deletion
In addition, you can request that We delete Your personal information in accordance with local laws. Please submit Your request using the address listed in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
You may choose:
- not to provide personal information, but that may result in Your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of our Website;
- to stop receiving commercial e-mails from Us in any such message we send or by sending an e-mail to the contact address at the bottom of this policy;
- to delete or decline cookies by changing Your browser settings. (Click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If You do so, some of the features and services of our Website may not function properly; or
- to review and update Your personal information by contacting us at the link below and, if You have an online account on our Website, by logging into that account.
We take reasonable steps to protect Your personal information as You transmit Your information from Your computer to our Site and to protect such information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. You should keep in mind that no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error–free. Therefore, although we take steps to secure Your information, we do not promise, and You should not expect, that Your personal information or other communications will always remain private.
Links to other Websites
Your California privacy rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of UCB who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
How to contact us